Use Reserved Instances
CMPUTE RI Manager is a component within our platform that analyzes and optimizes your Reserved Instance purchases. It ensures optimal utilisation of RIs purchased across the organization.
cmpute facilitates the use of RI’s in a Job. While creating a job user has the option to specify if a job should or should not use RI’s.
Steps to use RI’s in a job
Step 1: Provide all the Job details which includes:-
a. AWS account
Step 2 Select an Instance type for which RI’s are available
Step 3: Select ‘Use reserved Instances’ checkbox
Step 4 Provide the ‘Min’, ‘Max’ and ‘Desired’ count and other details as required
Step 5: Save and run the job
Note: Currently RI’s are supported in a custom AMI job.
- cmpute will launch RI’s if available
- If RI’s are unavailable, cmpute will launch either spot or on demand RI’s based om instance availability
- cmpute will launch a combination of RI’s and Spot or On Demand based on RI availability and desired count set in the job
- cmpute utilizes RI’s purchased in one account to be used by another account within the same AWS Organization.Refer ‘Add Master & Child Account’ to know how to add a master and child account in cmpute platform.
- RI’s bought in Master account can be used in child account and vice-versa.
- RI’s bought in one child account can be used in other child account
- RI’s can be used in the same region in which they are purchased.
- Supports Instance Normalization factoring RI purchases made at region level and AZ levels
- Normalization is supported for Linux instances only